1. The property known as ‘Poachers Hideaway’ (‘the Property’) is offered for furnished holiday rental subject to confirmation by Andrew Tuxworth (‘the Owner’) to the renter (‘the Guest’). The obligations placed on the Guest shall extend to all members of any party accompanying the Guest for the purpose of the holiday rental.
2. To reserve the Property, the Guest should confirm a booking with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (20% of the total rent due). We accept all major debit/credit cards. Following receipt of the Guest’s details and deposit, the Owner will send a confirmation and statement, via email. This is the formal acceptance of the booking. The Guest making the booking must be aged 18 or over and the Owner reserves the right to refuse any booking without explanation.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit (see Clause 4) is payable not less than four weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date the Owners reserve the right to cancel the reservation. The Guest will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event Clause 5 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within four weeks of the start of the rental period must be accompanied by payment of the full rent due.
4. When the cottages are hired for a party/wedding/function a security deposit of £500.00 is required. All other bookings the following security deposits are: Shire Horse Barn £100.00, Granary £100.00, Juice Trump £75.00, Viking £50.00, Bluebell £50.00 and the Snug £50.00. In case of damage to the Property or its contents, or the property having been left in an unclean condition not acceptable to the owners. However, the sum reserved by this Clause shall not limit the Guest’s liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Guest for any deductions made from the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
5. Subject to Clause 2 and 3 above, in the event of cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Guest is strongly recommended to arrange a travel insurance policy including cancellation cover and to have cover for the Guest’s party’s personal belongings, public liability, etc since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance. Should we have to cancel your holiday, our liability is limited to a full refund only. We would try to find alternative accommodation, but suggest that visitors take out their own cancellation insurance.
6. The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm local time on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day so that the Property can be prepared for the next Guests. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer accommodation before the time stated and the Guest shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated except by prior arrangement. A charge will be payable by the guests for any late occupation.
7. The maximum number to reside in the Property must not exceed the capacity stated plus one child under the age of two years unless the Owner has given written permission. Children must be supervised at all times. We have many ponds and wetlands on the farm which are deep. Parents/Carers are responsible for their children at all times. All guests’ names, ages if under 16 must be provided to the owners at least 14 days before stay commences, the guest responsible for the booking must comply to meet our health and safety policy. Pets are allowed with prior arrangement with the Owner. Certain cottages only and a fee is payable per dog in advance for the dogs stay. Dogs must be kept under control both inside and outside the cottages and any damages paid for by the Guest. All dogs must be kept on lead at all times and under control from any animals on the farm.
NB: Dogs are NOT allowed to go on furniture, beds or chairs and must not be left unattended in the cottage. A fee of £100 is payable if dog hairs are found on bedding or soft furnishings. Dog waste must be picked up straight away and placed in black bin near office. If you feel threatened by the cattle when walking your dog/s, consider releasing them from their lead/s when passing the cattle. No visitors are allowed on site to visit any cottage without the written permission of the Owner. Any person found on site will be found to be trespassing on the owner’s private grounds.
8. Fishing is offered to Guests only with the following restrictions; 1 rod per person, the use of ground-bait is not permitted, no keep-nets and Barbless hooks only to be used. Fishing licence must be available for the owners to see, and details sent to the owners in advance of stay.
9. The Guest agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the Property and its contents and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition as found. Although a final light clean is included in our prices the Owner reserves the right to make retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Guest leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. Any soiled bed an immediate £100 cost is incurred for cleaning of mattress, in the event cleaning is not possible a charge will be imposed for a new mattress. Where no security deposit has been taken a fine may be incurred by the guest to cover extra cleaning costs if the cottage has not been left in the condition in which it was found. The guest will not alter the cottage or relocate any furniture or furnishings within any property. In event of this happening a charge will be incurred for the time taken to relocate furniture/furnishings to their correct position. The guest will maintain the security of the property during their stay and lock the cottage, including all windows during their stay and on their departure the property must be left locked. Not to carry out any activity that may cause a nuisance or annoyance to the Owners of other guests during their stay. Any belongings left at the property after the client leaves, are not the responsibility of the owner. Any items left will be retained for 28 days with the exception of food, medicines, medical devices, cosmetics, soiled items, some clothing, or items deemed not suitable. If the guest wishes any item returned, they must provide stamped addressed envelope within 14 days of their departure supplied to the owner for the item/s to be returned within 28 days. Right of entry is allowed by the owners at any time during the guests stay. for purposes of inspection, urgent repairs, maintenance. Right if entry without notice is reserved at any time during an emergency as deemed by the owners. If you have a complaint this should be addressed to the owners while in the property who will take corrective action should they find the complaint to be substantiated. Any serious issue must be put in writing to the owners within 24 hours of arrival. The owner will not consider any complaint unless put into writing during the let period and is of a reasonable nature.
10. The Guest will report to the Owner or Site Manager without delay any defects in the Property of breakdown of the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the Property (which includes the garden) so that arrangements can be made for repair or replacement as soon as possible.
11. The Owner shall not be liable to the Guest for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property (including the seating area) for any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the Owners’ control for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Guest if the Property should be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period or during it but in such an event the Owner shall within twenty-eight days of notification of the Guest refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
12. Cars are parked at the guest’s liability. Any vehicle entering the premises known as Poachers Hideaway/Flintwood Farm must have provided their car registration number at least fourteen days prior to their arrival. CCTV is present and all vehicles are recorded on arrival and moving around the grounds. Vehicles are only allowed to be parked within designated areas as shown on the map supplied before arrival. Please drive slowly around the farm max 15 miles per hour. The arrival road is a single track with passing places, please be considerate and use passing places. DO NOT DRIVE ON THE CROPS.
13. The farm at Poachers Hideaway/Flintwood Farm does have animals and machinery operating at times. Please do not touch any of the above. Do not feed animals. Some electric fences are in use. The surrounds have ancient brick floors which are uneven in places. We do not accept liability for any personal injury, loss of, or damage to property or vehicles however caused or sustained.
14. If you wish or need a designated internet service during your stay, we advise you to supply your own source via a phone "dongle" or similar device. Poachers Hideaway has a very strong 4G mobile telephone service available around the farm.
THE OWNER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ALTER, ADD OR AMEND ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
NB: There is a no smoking policy in all of the cottages/buildings. Please smoke away from the cottages, not near any of the farm buildings which may contain straw/hay. Logs are available free of charge for the log stoves in Granary and Shire Horse Barn. A supply is left within your cottage, any further supply will incur a charge of £5 per basket. A request must be made to the owner for any further supplies.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions or comments about any of our cottages, services or facilities, contact us at: email@example.com.